|Tipo di carburante||Diesel|
|Ubicazione||Newport, Rhode Island, Stati Uniti|
|Lunghezza totale||15.24 m|
|Lunghezza al galleggiamento||13.21 m|
|Pescaggio massimo||2.03 m|
|Pescaggio minimo||2.03 m|
|Tipo di carburante||Diesel|
|Designer||Judel & Vrolijk|
|Cantiere||Grand Soleil / Cantiere del Pardo|
|Locale WC /bagni||2|
A fantastic Grand Soleil 50 in great condition with reduced draft and in boom furling. She offers the potential for great cruising in Chesapeake or further afield in the Caribbean.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Sugar Plum was sold new in 2004 in to the Chesapeake Bay area. Her owner sailed the Bay, never slept on board and never used the stove! Due to health issues, the boat was sold to her current owner in 2008. The boat was kept at the AYC in Rye NY from 2008 to 2011, and then back and forth to Puerto Rico/Caribbean and NY in the summers through 2014. Since 2014 she was in Puerto Rico dry stored, but always cleaned and maintained, with the owner using her occasionally while in Puerto Rico. During the time, he was using his new boat mainly in the Med.
Sugar Plum shows well, clean and tidy, survey done in 2014 indicated she was in good shape!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Stratified unidirectional fibreglass offers a tensile strength of up to 25 kg/mm².
- To ensure the durability and waterproofing of the outer surfaces, NPG isophtalic GELCOAT NEOGEL and vinylester resin are applied to the first layers of the hull.
- The steel used is AISI 316 on the outside, and AISI 304 on the inside, welded using tungsten electrodes according to the “ARCOTIG” process.
- Bulkheads 7-layer marine plywood, bonded to the hull with a 60-mm-wide lamination applied to the edges of the bulkheads after abrading, in order to achieve maximum adhesion with the fibreglass.
- Chainplates in stainless steel, fastened to the hull using 27 mm thick stainless steel rods with ball joint, which in turn are secured to the galvanised steel internal structure.
- Teak decks as well as teak along the top of the coachroof and cockpit floor.
- Hull is blue Awlgrip 2010, white stripe in waterline and gold boot top.
Keel & Rudder:
- Rudder shaft consisting of a stainless steel bar with a diameter of 60 mm; the blade structure is made up of 300 mm stainless steel plates. The shaft swivels on two supports, using self-aligning ball or roller bearings to keep friction to a minimum.
- The keel is bolted onto the metal internal structure so as to distribute the keel load over the broad, and sturdy fibreglass and galvanised steel surface of the entire hull.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4JH3-TE 75hp diesel engine with saildrive (new gaskets).
- Racor fuel filter and water separator.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 2016 hours as of 20/05/17.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Bowthruster MAX POWER retractable (this owner has used once), 2014.
- 3-bladed propeller.
- Emergency tiller system.
- 110V outlets.
- 2 x Battery bank (2015).
- Battery charger.
- Shore power.
- Solar panels mounted on top of sailing bimini – Kyocera, KD210GX-LPU.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- Total capacity of 291 litres (77 gallons) in one tank aft between the two staterooms, gauge at chart table.
- Total capacity of 458 litres (122 gallons) one under bed, and port & stbd side tanks are connected, gauge at chart table.
- Electric water heater in aft section of engine compartment.
- One in master cabin under bed and one port side aft cabin.
- Raymarine autopilot.
- Wind speed and direction.
- Depth sounder.
- GPS Raymarine, outside E120 mounted on aft end of table on custom SST pole, inside E90 touch screen.
- Ray ST70 x 3 over main companionway hatch.
- Weems & Plath barometer mounted in main salon, fwd bulkhead.
- ICOM IC-M402 VHF.
- SSB ICOM IC-M802.
- Questus mount on backstay.
- Plastimo steering compasses with SST guards/hand holds.
- Radar dome (August 2017).
- Synthetic stone counter-tops, white speck.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- 2 burner Stove/oven.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning system installed - one compressor under master, one between two staterooms and one below settee under flat screen TV (one new 2017). Two x 8000 BTU and main salon 16000 BTU.
- Samsung flat screen TV, mounted on bulkhead in main salon
- CD/radio, Sony.
Description of layout:
- The master stateroom is a large centerline queen berth with seating on both port and starboard.
- There is a large hanging locker to port and the head and shower are on starboard.
- The head is equipped with electric toilet and large shower area.
- In the main salon there is a large u shaped settee with two centerline stools.
- The settee table converts to a full berth.
- To port there is a single settee with cabinetry behind.
- Ample storage throughout makes this area a lovely living space.
- Fairly equal aft cabin cabins, each with full double berth.
- These two cabins share the head located to starboard.
- The galley is located starboard aft and has good storage for galley equipment.
- White mast cover.
- Fans mounted on overhead.
- Teak grab rails both sides main salon.
- Very easy engine access, main companionway ladder lifts easily.
- Genoa tracks with adjustable ball bearing cars.
- 2 x Spinnaker sheet winches, manual, Harken.
- Winch covers.
- 3 spreader keel stepped mast.
- Leisure furl boom.
- Carbon spinnaker pole mounted on fwd side of mast.
- Color coded rigging.
- Wire standing rigging.
- Halyards led under deck from mast base.
- Forespar mechanical vang.
- Split pulpit.
- 63” cockpit seats.
- Storage lockers behind helm and under cockpit seating.
- Teak grates at each helm.
- Electric winches for genoa sheets, Harken.
- Electric winches on coachroof, Harken.
- Traveller located in front of wheels.
- Spinnlocks on either side of companionway, 9 in total.
- Lewmar deck hatches.
- Furling genoa, UK.
- Furling Mainsail, UK.
- Cruising spinnaker (needs repair).
- Jibs x 3 in good condition, one Quantum carbon which this owner has used once.
- CL mounted custom teak cockpit table.
- Swim platform (electric) with deck shower and bathing ladder.
- Teak toerails with thin SST trim on joint on hull/deck for protection.
- Twin black wheels with elkhide.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Anchor windlass with remote.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- Mercury 2017 dingy.
- Mercury 4 stroke 4 HP outboard.
- Davits/dinghy hoist.
- 6 person liferaft (needs inspection).
- Jackline clips on deck.
- MOM 8-A on pushpit.
- Lifesling on pushpit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.